Brazillian Chicken Breast Salad
Preparation: 15 min.
Cooking: 10 min.
Total: 25 min.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast , halved
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 2 green bell peppers , seeded and very thinly sliced
- 1 red bell peppers , seeded and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup hearts of palm , cut into .5 in. slices
- 1 bananas , cut into .25 in. slices
- 2 3/4 Fl Oz extra virgin olive oil
- 2 3/4 Fl Oz orange juice
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 7/8 pinch cayenne
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 7/8 pinch sugar
Preheat oven to 375 ℉. Place chicken breasts in a baking pan and sprinkle with a scant amount of salt and pepper. Bake 8-10 minutes, or just until done. Let cool and cut julienne. Combine the chicken, peppers, hearts of palm, and banana in a mixing bowl, tossing gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste. For the dressing, combine remaining ingredients in a blender. Drizzle half the dressing over the chicken mixture and toss to coat well. Chill well before serving. Pass the remaining dressing on the side.