Southwestern Catfish Salad
Preparation: 15 min.
Cooking: 10 min.
Total: 25 min.
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 tsp cilantro , chopped, or 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 small jalapeno peppers , finely chopped, or 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 3/4 Fl Oz olive oil
- 2 catfish fillets , cut into strips
- 1 1/2 Cup mixed salad greens , washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 ripe tomatoes , cut into wedges
- 1 ripe avocadoes , peeled and sliced
- 1/2 Cup fresh, frozen, or canned corn
To prepare the catfish, mix first 6 ingredients in a non-corrosive, small bowl. Mix using a wire whisk until well blended. Place catfish strips in a shallow dish. Pour half the lime juice mixture over catfish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate. Reserve the other half of the marinade to use for salad dressing.
Preheat the broiler. Place marinated catfish strips on broiler pan rack and broil for 4 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. To assemble the salads, line salad plates with salad greens. Arrange catfish strips, tomato wedges, and avocado slices over greens and top with corn. Drizzle reserved marinade over each plate and serve.
Courtesy: The Catfish Institute