Preparation: 15 min.
Cooking: 10 min.
Total: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach , cooked according to directions
- 1/2 Cup butter , melted and divided
- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tsp anise-flavored liquor
- 1 1/2 tsp salt , hot
- 24 shucked, fresh oysters
- 4 Tbsp plain dry breadcrumbs
- 6 bacon slice , precooked, crumbled
Heat oven to 475 ℉. Drain the cooked spinach and squeeze well. In medium bowl, combine spinach with 5 whole Tbsp melted butter, lemon juice, liqueur, and hot salt; toss until well mixed. (Can be made ahead, covered, and set aside at room temperature up to 4 hours.)
Arrange oyster shells on two baking sheets. Place an oyster in each shell. Spoon the spinach mixture evenly over each pyster, about 1 Tbspper shell. Add bread crumbs to remaining melted butter and sprinkle the crumbs over each pyster. Top with the crumbled bacon. Bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately. Makes 24, or 3 per serving.