Chocolate-Orange Silk Mousse
Preparation: 30 min.
Cooking: 0 min.
Total: 30 min.
- 3/4 Lb reduced-fat silken tofu
- 3 Oz bittersweet chocolate , not unsweetened, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder , unsweetened
- 4 Tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp orange zest , freshly grates
- 3/4 Cup confectioner's sugar
- 3/4 Cup chocolate wafer crumbs
Puree tofu in a food processor, scraping down the sides as needed, until completely smooth. Combine chocolate and cocoa in a medium bowl. Add boiling water and stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla and orange zest. Mix in confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, until smooth. Add the chocolate mixture to the processor; puree until smooth and well blended, scraping down the sides as needed.
[To make wafer crumbs: Place wafers in a ziplock plastic bag, seal and crush with a rolling pin. Alternatively, pulse wafers in a food processor.]
3. Spoon about 2 tsp chocolate crumbs into each parfait glass or dessert dish. Add about 1/4 cup mousse, then layer with another 2 tsp crumbs. Top with another 1/4 cup mousse and finish with a sprinkling of crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Each serving is about 1/2 cup.
The mousse will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Courtesy and copyright 2004, Eating Well, Inc.