Leslie Revsin's Very Impressive Salad
Preparation: 15 min.
Cooking: 0 min.
Total: 15 min.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 Fl Oz olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 Belgian endives , leaves separated, washed and dried
- 2 1/4 Cup mixed salad greens , washed and dried
- 4 radishes , sliced
- 1/2 red bell peppers , seeded and cut into matchsticks, about .25 in. by 2 in.
- 1/2 Lb raspberries
- 2 Cup diced warm roast chicken , or Italian soppresata (salami) or prosciutto
- 1/4 Cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 slice red onion , separated into rings
To prepare vinaigrette: Place mustard in a small mixing bowl and whisk in vinegar. Gradually whisk in olive oil. (The vinaigrette will thicken as the mustard absorbs the oil.) Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Note: Dressing can be made in advance. Store, covered, in refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator several hours before serving, for easier pouring and tossing.
To prepare salad: Cut endive leaves diagonally in .5 inch slices. Add to large salad bowl with remaining ingredients. Drizzle vinaigrette over and toss to coat all the leaves.
To prepare topping: Divide the greens-raspberry mixture among chilled plates. Top with raspberries, chicken, cheese and onion slices to serve.