Nutty Bonbon Pops
Preparation: 70 min.
Cooking: 0 min.
Total: 70 min.
- 1 Cup butter , softened
- 1 1/2 Cup cashew butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 Cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1 Lb semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Lb pretzel sticks
- chopped walnuts , or other nuts, or sprinkles (for garnish)
In large bowl, combine butters, vanilla and salt using electric mixer. Add sifted confectioners' sugar one cup at a time, whipping to fully incorporate. Dough will be fluffy but firm; chill briefly if sticky.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Insert pretzel stick (or other stick) three-fourths of the way into each ball; place on parchment-lined baking sheets; refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
Place chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds on high, stir and continue to microwave in 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring after each until chocolate is melted and smooth. Dip pops in melted chocolate up to the stick, allowing excess chocolate to drip off; sprinkle or dip bottom of pop in garnishes and return to parchment-lined baking sheet to allow chocolate to set or refrigerate pops briefly.
Store pops in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
* Any nut butter may be substituted; try almond, hazelnut or peanut butter.
* Bittersweet, milk or white chocolate may be substituted.