Carrot and Jicama Salad with Cilantro
Preparation: 35 min.
Cooking: 0 min.
Total: 35 min.
- 1 large jicama , peeled then julienned or cubed
- 2 fresh carrots , julienned
- 1/2 green bell peppers , finely diced
- 1/2 Cup red onions, chopped
- 1/2 large cucumbers , seeded and chopped
- 1 navel oranges , peeled, sliced cross-wise, each round quartered
- 1/2 avocadoes , chopped
- 1/2 Cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 2 3/4 Fl Oz lime juice
- 3/8 pinch cayenne
- 3/8 pinch paprika
- 3/8 pinch salt (or to taste)
Toss together the jicama, carrots, bell peppers, red onion, cucumber, orange, avocado, and cilantro in a large serving bowl. Pour lime juice over all. Sprinkle with a pinch of cayenne and paprika. Season generously with salt.
Let sit a half an hour before serving.