Amelia's Italian Pork Pita Pockets
Preparation: 5 min.
Cooking: 10 min.
Total: 15 min.
- 8 boneless pork chops , thin, about 2 oz. each
- 2 green bell peppers , cut into lengthwise strips
- 2 portobello mushrooms , sliced
- 1 large red onions , cut into wedges and separated
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 4 pita pocket breads , cut into halves
- 4 slice mozzarella cheese , cut in half
Heat oven to broil. Coat a large baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange pork chops and vegetables in a single layer on baking pan. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, Italian seasoning, red pepper and fennel seed. Brush mixture on both sides of pork. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat for about 5-6 minutes, or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 ℉, followed by a 3-minute rest time and vegetables are crisp-tender.
Remove from oven; divide pork and vegetables among pita pocket breads. Add a slice of cheese to each sandwich.