Lemon Pepper Chicken, Quinoa and Tomato Salad
Preparation: 10 min.
Cooking: 15 min.
Total: 25 min.
- 1 Cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 2 Cup water
- 1 Cup red cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 Cup chopped fresh parsley (or to taste)
- 4 Tbsp chives (chopped, adjust amount to taste)
- 3/4 Lb Boar's HeadÂ® Lemon Pepper chicken breast (diced small)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/2 pinch ground black pepper (to taste)
Combine the quinoa with the water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Or cook according to package directions. Remove from the heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Combine the quinoa, tomatoes, herbs and chicken. Combine the oil, lime juice, vinegar, salt and garlic. Drizzle over the salad. Add pepper to taste. Mix well. Chill. Serve cold.