Sweet Potatoes with Star Anise, Ginger, and Lime
Preparation: 5 min.
Cooking: 20 min.
Total: 25 min.
- 1 Lb sweet potatoes , scrubbed and cut into 1.5 in pieces
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 whole star anise , finely crushed
- 1 piece fresh gingers , about 1 inch in length, finely grated
- 1 limes , zested and juiced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425 ℉.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes, then shake or flip the potatoes over. Continue roasting for 10 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Variation: There's a nice depth of flavor that comes from roasting all of the ingredients together, but those who really love ginger and lime might enjoy this variation.Instead of adding the ginger, lime zest, and juice to the olive oil mixture, toss them with the potatoes after roasting for a hotter and zestier flavor.
Recipe & photo created by Emily Ho found in the blog The Kitchen. http://www.thekitchn.