Gluten-Free Baked Green Eggs and Ham Recipe
Preparation: 15 min.
Cooking: 8 min.
Total: 23 min.
- 5 1/4 Fl Oz fat free cottage cheese
- 1/2 lemons , juiced
- 1/8 pinch dry mustard powder
- 6 chives , finely minced
- 1/8 tsp Tabasco , or other hot sauce
- 3/4 pinch kosher salt (or to taste)
- 3/4 pinch freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baby spinach leaves , finely chopped
- 4 slice gluten-free deli ham , finely chopped
- 1/8 pinch grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450 ℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Prepare the sauce by blending the cottage cheese with the lemon juice, mustard, chives, hot sauce and a large pinch of salt and pepper until smooth - you may have to scrape down the sides of the blender 2 or 3 times to get it really smooth. Place in a small serving bowl and set aside. (if you make the sauce ahead, refrigerate it.)
Separate the eggs putting the whites in a large mixing bowl and the yolks into small bowls (one yolk in each bowl). Beat the egg whites until glossy, stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the spinach, ham, Parmesan cheese and a large pinch of pepper.
Spoon the mixture into 4 mounds on the parchment paper, making a deep well in the center of each. Bake for 3 minutes then slide 1 yolk into each well. Sprinkle with a small pinch of salt and pepper and bake until the yolks are set, 3-4 more minutes (a minute or two longer if you don't like the yolks runny).
Serve immediately with the sauce on the side.