TiramisÃ¹ with Biscotti
Preparation: 30 min.
Cooking: 0 min.
Total: 30 min.
- 1/2 Lb Mascarpone cheese , room temperature
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 fresh eggs
- 1/2 Lb Borrelli almond biscotti
- 5 1/4 Fl Oz Italian espresso coffee, cooled
- 2 Tbsp Marsala (typical Italian sweet liqueur) - optional
- 1 tsp cocoa powder (for sprinkling on top)
Make 1 normal cup of espresso coffee. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolk together with sugar to combine them. In a separate bowl beat the Mascarpone cheese until smooth with a wooden spoon, and then add it to the mixture. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and add them to the Mascarpone cheese, egg yolk and sugar mixture. Fold until just combined.
Prepare a shallow dish and soak the Biscotti in a mixture of the Marsala liqueur and coffee until soft. Arrange a layer of Biscotti in a serving bowl, then put the cream mixture on top and sprinkle with the cocoa powder. Chill for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
For a crunchy topping, take an Almond Biscotti and roughly grind in your hands. Sprinkle on top of cake after the cocoa topping for texture.