Beer Battered Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Preparation: 15 min.
Cooking: 10 min.
Total: 25 min.
- 6 slice bacon , hickory-smoked
- 4 slice white bread
- 2 slice provolone cheese (3/4 oz. each)
- 2 slice cheddar cheese (3/4 oz. each)
- 1 eggs
- 6 Fl Oz pale ale beer
- 4 Tbsp Gold MedalÂ® all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 3 tsp butter
In 12 inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel.
On half of the bread slices, place 1 slice provolone cheese, 3 slices bacon and 1 slice Cheddar cheese. Top with remaining bread slices.
Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or to 375 ℉. In shallow bowl, beat egg, beer, flour and chili powder with fork until smooth. Dip each sandwich into batter, giving it a few seconds on each side to absorb the batter; drain excess batter back into bowl.
Melt butter on hot griddle. Place sandwiches on griddle.