Gluten-Free Tequila-Lime Shrimp and Scallop Wrap
Preparation: 120 min.
Cooking: 3 min.
Total: 123 min.
- 6 Gluten-Free 8 inch corn tortilla
- 1 Lb frozen, medium-sized shrimp -- deveined, cooked, unshelled
- 1/2 Lb fresh or frozen sea scallops
- 4 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp tequila (optional)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp hot chili sauce , or other bottled hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 large onions . cut into thin wedges
- 1 green bell peppers , cut into bite-sized strips
- 1 red bell peppers , cut into bite-sized strips
- 1/2 Lb shredded Monterey Jack cheese
If you're using frozen shrimp and/or scallops, thaw and rinse them. If the scallops are as large as an egg or larger, cut them in half and set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, stir together the lime juice, lemon juice, cilantro, half of the oil, the tequila, garlic, hot sauce, cumin, and oregano. Add the shrimp and scallops.
Cover and chill for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the onion and peppers over medium-high heat in the remaining oil until they begin to get soft. Add the shrimp-scallop mixture to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes, until some of the liquid has burned off and the scallops are cooked.
Warm wraps as per package directions. Evenly distribute cheese and the Tequila Lime Shrimp & Scallops over the Ivory Teff Wraps and roll burrito style.
Optional: Stuff with additional fillings: sliced avocados, sour cream, shredded lettuce, olives, or roasted veggies like red and yellow bell pepper, zucchini, portabella mushroom or eggplant. Try adding diced pineapple and sweet Maui onions.