Honey Citrus Florida Stone Crab Claws with Hearts of Palm Salad
Preparation: 20 min.
Cooking: 15 min.
Total: 35 min.
- 3 Lb Florida stone crab claws , cooked and chilled
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp Florida honey
- 4 Fl Oz Florida orange juice or tangerine juice
- 8 hearts of palm , fresh or canned
- 4 Tbsp red onions, sliced thin
- 4 Tbsp Florida red bell pepper , roasted, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp Florida yellow bell pepper , roasted, thinly sliced
- 2 medium Florida oranges or tangerines, peeled and segmented
- 4 Tbsp fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 Cup Florida spinach , finely chopped
- 4 Fl Oz extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Florida parsley , finely chopped
Crack claws; remove shell and movable pincer, leaving the meat attached to the remaining pincer. Set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and honey with orange or tangerine juice. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened to syrup. Cool and set aside. Slice hearts of palm into thin strips or slices. In a bowl, combine the hearts of palm, onions, peppers, orange or tangerine segments, tarragon and spinach. Dress salad with olive oil and vinegar; toss until moistened. Serve salad in the center of each plate with stone crab claws arranged around the edge. Drizzle the honey citrus sauce over all and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve extra honey citrus sauce on the side.