Spring Pea Orzo
Preparation: 30 min.
Cooking: 0 min.
Total: 30 min.
- 1 lemons
- 1/2 Lb uncooked orzo pasta
- 4 Tbsp shallots, minced , or red onions
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Cup frozen peas , or cooked frresh
- 1 Cup snow peas , blanched and chopped
- 1 Cup fresh parsley , chopped
- 1/2 Cup sliced almonds , toasted
Grate zest from lemon. Each lemon should give you about 2 tsp. Cut lemon in half; squeeze juice from lemon into a cup and set aside.
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Whisk together shallots, next 4 ingredients, and lemon juice. Toss together pasta and shallot mixture. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 1 to 48 hours.
Toss together pasta, peas, snow peas, next 2 ingredients, and lemon zest just before serving. Add salt, pepper, and additional lemon juice to taste.