Tuscan Quinoa Salad
Preparation: 20 min.
Cooking: 15 min.
Total: 35 min.
- 1 Cup quinoa , uncooked
- 2 Cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 Lb Italian chicken sausage , cooked and sliced
- 1/2 Cup parsley
- 1/2 Cup shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp sliced or chopped green onions
- 1/2 Cup red bell pepper
- 1 Cup fresh or defrosted frozen blackberries
- 4 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 pinch black pepper
Whisk vinegar, olive oil, parsley, 1/4 normal tsp salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in quinoa and salt. Reduce to low; cover. Simmer 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy. Transfer to large size bowl. Cool 10 minutes.
Toss quinoa with dressing. Stir in green onions, red pepper slices, sliced sausage and parsley. Mix well.
Gently stir in blackberries to combine with salad.
Top with shaved Parmesan. Serve immediately.