Italian Muffuletta with Hot Pickled Peppers
Preparation: 25 min.
Cooking: 0 min.
Total: 25 min.
- 1 Cup pitted olives , chopped
- 3 tsp shallots, minced
- 3 tsp celery , minced
- 1/2 Cup red bell pepper strips
- 2 Tbsp capers , rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 2 Italian hot pickled peppers (pepperoncini or giardiniera), chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 round focaccia or Italian bread loafs
- 1/4 Lb Capicola
- 1/4 Lb sliced Mortadella
- 1/4 Lb Soppressata
- 1/4 Lb sliced Provolone cheese
Combine olives, shallot, celery, red peppers, capers, hot peppers and olive oil in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Season to taste with vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Slice bread lengthwise in half. Use fork to scoop out soft bread from each half, leaving a 1/2 inch shell.
Spoon olive salad into both bread halves. Layer capicola, mortadella, soppressata and cheese over bottom half of bread.
Cover with remaining top slice of bread. Slice into four wedges and serve immediately, or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 4 hours before serving.