Shrimp Ceviche Verde
Preparation: 10 min.
Cooking: 0 min.
Total: 10 min.
- 1 Lb fresh, uncooked. shrimp , medium-to-small size, peeled and deveined.
- 4 Fl Oz fresh. lime juice
- 1/4 Lb fresh. tomatillos , husked, rinsed and roughly chopped.
- 1 Cup fresh cilantro (loosely packed), thick bottom stems cut off.
- 1 Serrano chilies , stemmed, seeded and very finely chopped.
- 1/2 habanero peppers , stemmed seeded and very finely chopped.
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped. chives
- 1 avocadoes , pitted, flesh scooped from skin and cut into small cubes.
Cut the shrimp into bite-size pieces and scoop into a serving bowl. In a blender, combine the lime juice, tomatillos, cilantro and 3/4 normal tsp salt. Blend until slushy looking, but not completely smooth. Stir into the shrimp and refrigerate 30 minutes. Just before serving, stir in the two chiles, chives and avocado. Taste and season with more salt if you think necessary. If you prefer, make this into a meal that serves about 1/3 the number of people listed in the servings posted above.