Savory Basil Cheesecake Appetizer
Preparation: 15 min.
Cooking: 0 min.
Total: 15 min.
- 1 Cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter , melted
- 1 Cup basil leaves , packed
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 4 Fl Oz light mayonnaise
- 1 Lb ricotta cheese
- 1 Oz blue cheese
- 1 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Cup almonds , (optional) toasted and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp slivered almonds (optional)
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives (optional)
Combine crumbs and butter in a bowl. Press into bottom of a lightly greased 8 or 9 inch springform pan. Chill. Combine basil, garlic and mayonnaise in food processor or blender until smooth. Set aside.
Beat together 3 cheeses in a mixing bowl until well blended. Beat in reserved basil mixture. Spread mixture over crust, pressing and smoothing top. Chill at least 8 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, remove sides of pan and place cake on a platter. Press chopped toasted almonds onto sides of cheesecake, if desired.
To garnish top of cheesecake, make "flower" with slivered almonds and chive stems, if desired. Serve with assorted crackers, vegetable slices and toasts.
Tip: Mascarpone cheese may be substituted for the ricotta for a smoother, milder flavor. For more cheese flavor, substitute half the Parmesan with Asiago cheese.