Creamy Rice and Vegetable Salad
Preparation: 10 min.
Cooking: 35 min.
Total: 45 min.
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1 Cup water
- 7/8 pinch salt
- 1 Cup long-grain white rice
- 6 Fl Oz plain lowfat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise type salad dressing
- 4 Tbsp green bell pepper , seeded and chopped
- 4 Tbsp scallions , trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 Cup carrots, grated
Combine stock, water, and salt to taste in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in rice and return to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to low. Cover saucepan and simmer 20-25 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. While rice is cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Set aside to cool in refrigerator. When rice is done, allow to cool. Add vegetable mixture to rice and toss.