Chorizo Sausage Frittata
Preparation: 10 min.
Cooking: 30 min.
Total: 40 min.
- 1/2 Lb chorizo sausage , or pork sausage
- 4 scallions , trimmed and minced
- 4 cans green chilies , drained, seeded and chopped (wear rubber gloves)
- 3 tomatoes , seeded and chopped
- 4 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1/2 Lb cheddar cheese , shredded
- 1/4 Cup cilantro , or parsley, chopped
- 1 Cup salsa
Turn on broiler. Heat a heavy deep ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Cook sausage, stirring frequently to break up meat, about 7 minutes or until well browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a bowl and set aside. Discard excess fat from skillet. Saut'e scallions 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chilies and tomatoes and simmer about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are softened. Stir in beaten eggs, cheese, cilantro and cooked sausage. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium low heat 5-6 minutes until eggs are almost set in the center. Place skillet under broiler about 1 minute or until eggs are just set. Do not overcook. Serve frittata cut into wedges with salsa.