Best Chicken Cacciatore Pie
Preparation: 15 min.
Cooking: 40 min.
Total: 55 min.
- 3/4 Lb Italian-style peeled tomatoes , chopped and drained, reserving 1/3 cup juice
- 1 small onions , chopped
- 1 small green bell peppers , chopped
- 1 clove garlics , crushed
- 1/2 Cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 eggs
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 Lb ground chicken breast
- 1/2 Cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 ℉. Combine reserved tomato juice and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add half the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly. Add ground chicken and mix well. Pat mixture evenly into lightly oiled 10 inch pie plate, pushing up sides to form a shell. Bake 25 minutes. While meat shell is baking, combine tomatoes, remaining Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste in a non-reactive saucepan over medium heat. Simmer 10-15 minutes. Set aside. Remove meat shell from oven. Discard excess liquid. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Add tomatoes, sprinkle with Parmesan and bake 15 minutes until meat shell is cooked throughout. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving.