Fresh Tomato Soup with Tarragon
Preparation: 10 min.
Cooking: 10 min.
Total: 20 min.
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large shallots , minced
- 1 clove garlics , chopped
- 1 celery stalks , chopped
- 1 bay leaves
- 2 1/2 Lb roma tomatoes , seeded and chopped
- 3 tsp honey
- 2 Cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh tarragon , minced
- 3 tsp fresh chives , chopped
Heat oil in a heavy stock pot over medium high heat. Saut'e shallots, garlic, celery and bay leaf 3-4 minutes until soft. Add tomatoes, honey and stock. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat, remove bay leaf and pur'ee in a blender or food processor. Add tarragon and season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chives and serve hot or chilled.