German Bean and Sausage Soup
Preparation: 10 min.
Cooking: 20 min.
Total: 30 min.
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 Cup onion , chopped
- 1 Cup carrots , sliced
- 1 Cup potato , peeled, cubed
- 4 Tbsp parsley , chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram leaves (optional)
- 1 can beef stocks
- 1/2 Lb turkey kielbasa , cut into .5 in. slices, smoked
- 1 can Great Northern beans , undrained
- 1 Lb canned green beans , cut
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saut'e onion 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Add carrots and next 4 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add sausage and beans. Cook until thoroughly heated.