Country Rice Salad
Preparation: 15 min.
Cooking: 40 min.
Total: 55 min.
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 9 scallions , sliced .25 in.
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- 2 Cup rice
- 1 3/4 Pint chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 3/4 Lb ham , cut into cubes, cooked, or turkey ham
- 3/4 Lb canned peas , drained, or frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 Cup parsley , chopped
- 3 1/2 Oz pepperoni slices
- 1 red bell peppers , seeded and cut into .25 in. strips
- 1 green bell peppers , seeded and cut into .25 in. strips
Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Saut'e scallions 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in paprika and cumin. Add rice, coating grains with oil. Add chicken stock and stir to combine. Cook 20-30 minutes over low heat until rice is tender and all liquid is absorbed. Meanwhile, heat ham in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat 3-5 minutes, turning occasionally, or until heated through. Add peas and chopped parsley to rice mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients or arrange ingredients on salad. Serve at room temperature.