30-Minute Chunky Beef and Corn Chili
Preparation: 15 min.
Cooking: 30 min.
Total: 45 min.
- 2 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander seed , ground
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 pinch ground red pepper
- 1 Lb boneless beef stew meat , cut into 1 in. cubes
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onions , chopped
- 2 cans plum tomatoes , undrained, coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup frozen corn
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans , or black beans, rinsed and drained
Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Stir to mix well. Reserve half of mixture. Sprinkle other half over beef cubes. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Saut'e beef and onion 2-3 minutes. Season with salt to taste, if desired. Add remaining ingredients and reserved spice mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, uncovered, 18-20 minutes.