Preparation: 10 min.
Cooking: 15 min.
Total: 25 min.
- 1 1/2 Quart reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 large onions , sliced
- 1/2 Cup small or medium pasta shells
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 can Great Northern beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 zucchini , sliced
- 1 1/2 Cup small broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 Cup asparagus , cut into .5 in. pieces
- 3 Tbsp parsley , chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil , chopped, or 2 tsp dried basil leaves2 tsp
- 3 tsp rosemary , chopped, or 1 tsp dried rosemary leaves1 tsp
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Heat vegetable broth and onion to boiling in large saucepan. Add pasta, reduce heat and summer, covered, 5 minutes. Add beans and vegetables to saucepan; simmer, covered, until broccoli is tender, 6-8 minutes. Stir in herbs and garlic; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls; sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Courtesy: American Dry Bean Board.