Sweet Bean Pudding
Preparation: 15 min.
Cooking: 60 min.
Total: 75 min.
- 1 can (15 oz) navy beans , or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Cup canned sweet potatoes , or mashed, cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 4 Fl Oz skim milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 7/8 pinch salt
- strip orange rinds , from half an orange, grated
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp chopped pecans
Process beans, sweet potatoes, initial brown sugar, and eggs in food processor or blender until smooth; add remaining ingredients, except the remaining brown sugar and pecans, and process until well blended.
Spoon mixture into lightly greased one-quart casserole; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar and pecans.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 ℉ until browned and puffed, about 1 hour.